Health and safety measures
Our Security and Hygiene Measures
We want your lodging experience to be SAFE, before the sanitary emergency presented by the COVID-19, the Hotel Colonial of Merida, extends its commitment to take care of the integrity of our guests and collaborators, having and implementing the highest standards of security and hygiene, carrying out the following measures
For our guests:
- Upon arrival, we will provide hand sanitizing liquid
We will have a sanitizing mat at the entrance of the Hotel and Restaurant
- Temperature will be taken with an infrared thermometer. If a guest with a temperature above 37°-37.5° is identified, he or she will be invited to visit a hospital center for an accurate diagnosis.
- All luggage will be disinfected upon arrival at the facility.
- Under no circumstances may the following be opened in spaces outside the rooms
- Check in and check out "no contact"
Payment by credit/debit card will be encouraged to avoid effective exchange.
- Disinfection of TV and AA controls and room key at check in and check out, as well as during room cleaning.
- At all times, you are requested to use mouth guards, especially when staying in the common areas of the Hotel, such as the lobby, hallways, elevators, and terraces.
- It is requested to indicate to the Hotel, the approximate hour of arrival of the group, with at least 24 hours of anticipation.
- It will be requested that only the guide descends to give the list of assigned rooms along with the keys and TV and AA controls; meanwhile, the luggage is unloaded and sanitized.
Cleaning in the rooms:
- Each room is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Disinfection of elements of habitual manipulation (plates, handles in baths, handles, furniture, telephones, tables, controls of TV and AA, lamps, contacts, handles, safety box and other furniture).
- As we have always done, daily white changes (sheets, towels, pillowcases).
Cleaning of public areas:
- Ozone equipment was placed in public areas, such as reception, lobby, offices, restaurant.
- We have antibacterial gel dispensers in reception, common areas and restaurant, available at all times for guests and employees.
- Specific signage in reception and common areas to remind guests to maintain safety protocols.
- The frequency of cleaning and disinfection of public areas was increased with emphasis on surfaces of frequent contact.
- Acrylic barriers have been implemented in the reception and restaurant areas for greater safety.
- Elevators will have a maximum number of people.
For the restaurant:
- The buffet will be assisted and will have protective barriers
- Room service available or "take away" service (breakfast only)
- We will have a single entrance and exit, to maintain better control of the flow of people.
- Upon entering, the temperature of the guests will be taken
- Antibacterial gel available at all times
- Sanitizing mat
- Ozone generators were placed to purify the air quality
- Total sanitation of tables and chairs before and after use
The table will be set up the moment the customer occupies it.
- The decorations, sugar, and these will be delivered individually.
- We will have table rearrangement to maintain the proper distance
- The maximum occupation per table will be 4 people.
- Use of single-use tablecloths.
- Credit or debit card payment will be encouraged to avoid cash exchange. In case of cash payment, immediate disinfection will be carried out.
For our collaborators:
- Taking the temperature of all our collaborators before entering their work areas.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment (Mouthguards and masks, throughout the day)
- They receive ongoing training and information on health and safety protocols provided by federal and state authorities.
- Each area will have as main and constant function the sanitization of their equipment and work tools (air conditioning, TV, rooms, computers, etc.).
For our suppliers:
- Disinfection of shoes and products
- Supplier's Temperature Measurement
- The use of mask and mouthpiece is mandatory at all times within the hotel facilities